CathLabVR Interventional Simulator
Engaging endovascular simulation
The CathLabVR Interventional Simulator, we perfect what it’s like to practice endovascular diagnostic and interventional procedures. Learners can navigate real medical devices through the simulator’s virtual anatomy, which incorporates 3D graphics, real patient data and state-of-the-art haptics. As learners manipulate catheters, wires, balloons and stents through the virtual anatomy, the simulator provides realistic force feedback and visual cues to enhance the simulation experience.
Using real patient data, CAE Healthcare created a collection of basic to complex cases to deliver endovascular procedures that develop high level skills. Learners can perform a trans-catheter aortic valve placement, carotid artery angioplasty and stenting, and more to gain confidence for procedures performed in the OR.
• Realistic physiological responses and realistic fluoro images
• Fourth carriage supports the use of up to four coaxial endovascular tools simultaneously
• Provides computer controlled haptic feedback based on interaction with simulated patient
• Supports modified endovascular tools including catheters, pacing leads, guide wires, and embolic protection devices
• System automatically recognizes and responds appropriately to tool insertion and removal
• 3D fluoroscopic view of coronary anatomy
• Dual foot pedals plug to show fluoroscopic and cine view
• Contrast syringe and tubing
• Keyboard with a track pad and joystick controller for C-arm manipulation
• CathLab table includes anatomical plate and table height can be adjusted
• Comprehensive performance metrics, including procedure time, angiography metrics, fluoroscopy metrics, images taken, a complications log (time stamped), and an overall procedure log that time stamps every action performed during the simulated procedure.
• System is modular with the following content options: – Percutaneous Coronary Interventions
– Transcatether Aortic Valve Implantation (TAV)
– Advanced Percutaneous Coronary Interventions
– Carotid Interventions
– Cardiac Rhythm Management
• Recorded metrics provide analytical feedback for post-case debriefing